DysConnect 6- Week Project
It was a special group of people - people with Dyslexia, or any other word - people having difficulties with specific language skills, particularly reading. I was hired as a GRer to provide visuals to help the group to understand and be more engaged. Surprisingly, during the project, I find out myself was 70-80% dyslexic as a member of the group!
This is a special group - people with different levels of Dyslexia. It was a amazing journey for myself as well and I find out I was one of them. The way how we process information, the struggling of learning/spelling in the childhood and to realize we can leverage our life with our unique "gift" .
I was hired as a GRer to provide visuals to help the group to understand and be more engaged. Here are some reflections about the GR process:
1. I did concern the specialty of the group when I first design the structure of the piece as a whole. For example,
- I know it's a group may not have the patient to read a chunk of text so instead I create more visuals;
- And I cut down my color pallet for each of the piece so each workshop has a main color tone (considering the group would be easily distracted);
- However, the finish work of the whole piece looks very diverse with different color tones go with each workshop topic.
2. And also, very important, there would pop up negative conversations during the workshop, and I captured that part but make sure there is SOLUTION/ POSITIVE WORDS follows.
Sometimes I interpret the negative conversation with a humour so people give a laugh and release the pressure.